Monday 21 May 2012

Character Study: Personality

If you could think of one word to describe your main character (or any character you want to "study"...) what would that word be?  "Brave"?  "Funny"?  "Modest"? "Serious"? "Virtuous"?

I adore describing my characters.  As I briefly discussed in "Characters or Besties"?, these people (or animals, or elves, or whatever) that you spend so much time with become your friends.  How much do you know about your best friend?  You know his / her physical characteristics and likes / dislikes.  You know their personality, (probably) worldview, and maybe even what flavor of ice cream they would order.

A really good Character Profile Worksheet can be found here.  It's fun to fill out and will probably make you think about your aspects of your character you may not have considered before.  The questions that I had trouble answering were the ones about shape face and embarrassment! :)

-- Klara C.

2 comments:

  1. What a great form! Thank you so much! I love it when books let you get to know the characters. I love getting to know them instead of coming to the end and being like, "Uh..what was the character feeling?" Ya know? Anyhoo, i love your blog, and great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Talia!
      I'm so glad you liked it!
      Yes I agree, it is enjoyable and also kinda important to get to know one's characters. Thanks so much, I love your blog too!

      Delete

Hey, thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment, it will make me smile! Feel free to ask questions, agree or disagree, write me a poem, or whatever...just keep it kind. :)